Thursday, June 18, 2009

Title #6

Readers seem to be pretty neat. I like the way I can get my hands on so much information just with the click of a button. I also like how the information is specified for my interests. I don't have to go and look through so many other sites to get what I want. All I have to do is search for what I am interested in and add it to my reader. The updated information will be in my RSS. What a lifesaver of time! Now, all I have to do, is practice managing this system. I do get a little overwhelmed when I have so much to read. I will just have to skim a lot more and only read the important things that are more of interest to me.

One story I found interesting in my reader was from The Dallas Morning News-Mesquite section. story was of interest to me since I am a teacher in this district, as well as, my own personal kids went to school in Mesquite this past year. This story focused on how the Mesquite School District was very close to recognized status, but will probably not get it due to science scores. Since science is not tested every year, students are expected to remember things taught in the previous years. Individual schools did better overall this year. Mesquite is expected to have more exemplary or recognized status.

2 comments:

  1. It does get easier the more you use it! At first, I was overwhelmed as well, but now I enjoy being able to delete items that I don't "have to" read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it is overwhelming. I am really going to work at not allowing the amount of information to keep me from scanning and reading just the articles that interest me.

    http://outofmyleagueforsure.com/

    ReplyDelete