Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thing #9


The flickr advance search tool under the cc licensed photos is a really neat tool to use when needing pictures that are copyright legal. I found lots of cool pictures that I could use for good lessons in the classroom. These pictures could serve as an introduction to a lesson or as visuals during a lesson to get a better understanding of importance. I think that by using these types of pictures in a lesson would really be useful visuals for student learning. I know the students would also get a kick out of this kind of technology being used in the classroom. My students love when I use my computer to look up things for them to see. So, if I could use pictures to show relevance in a slideshow, they would be really engaged in my lesson and their own learning. I found this picture titled: Magazines by Confession: I Love Magazines! by Astrid, to use in a lesson about the importance of being able to read. I feel that if a student can see all of the different things that a person is able or needing to read in life, they will see the importance of needing to learn how to read.






Candy Recipe Cards by Felt Mouse







Word of the Father by Billy Reed



Street Signs Have No Spell Check by Datsdof





The Internet is not a newspaper by mfophotos


C mang O KMcElman_090516_L1 L E G e


I used Spell with Flickr to produce the college word. This program could be a neat tool to use for spelling, word wall, or making words lessons. I could see how the students could use these letters to create different words to practice in our language arts subject. I use magnetic letters and paper letters all of the time, but this would be an added bonus to use different font letters to change up the activity. Kids really love to manipulate with letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment