Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thing #1

The habit that is most challenging for me is the ability to view problems as challenges. I get very frustrated with technology so my problems don't seem to be challenges. They just seem to frustrate me, which in turn makes me waste lots of time. I am not like that with real life situations, only computer challenges. I guess you could say I am computer illiterate. I just know the basics about technology. Hopefully, after this course, I will be able to do lots of cool things with technology.

The habit that is easiest for me is teaching or mentoring others. I love to teach others new things. I guess that's why I became a teacher. It makes me feel good to know that I have helped someone or taught something to someone.

The most important habit to me is using technology to my advantage. This course has a lot to offer. I want to learn as much as possible since technology is not my thing. I need to understand all of the different things going on in cyberspace so that I can be a better teacher as well as a better parent. My own personal kids already know more about technology than me. I really want to get a better understanding about what's out there so I can incorporate in into my classroom to engage my students in learning. Kids of all ages really get into the use of technology. First graders amaze me with the information that they already know about technology. Technology is what students of all ages are interested in so it's important for teachers to engage learning with the use of current technology.

1 comment:

  1. Ask for help before you get frustrated. We've all been there, and we are here to help you when you need it! Have fun with this...there is so much to learn!

    ReplyDelete