Friday, June 26, 2009

Thing #12

Wordle: Untitled I experienced a little while with wordle. I really liked this activity. I brainstormed all of the different things that people read. Students could do this type of activity easily after learning about a major topic in any area of curriculum. They could write words describing a character from a story, titles of books written by the same author, different types of waters on earth, or using words to describe a scientist. These were just a few examples off the top of my head. I could see being able to use this easily throughout all subject areas. This would be a great activity to assign at the end of a unit to check for understanding. I think kids of all ages would love this type of assignment.

I also played around with the PollDaddy website. This was a lot of fun! I thought that this was a pretty neat way to get kids to take a poll. We are always doing graphs in first grade, this is just a another different way to do it. After the poll, the class could discuss the results. This could be done with any question for any subject area as well. My principal had us use polldaddy at the end of the year last year to vote for our school theme for the upcoming school year. While I did the poll, I have never seen how to make it all from the website.


No comments:

Post a Comment