Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thing 7a

I read a story from my google reader titled To Shred, or Not To Shred. It was about how schools use a lot of paper during the school year, even though it is usually recycled, it is still a waste. It also is discerning because the amount of time and effort the students put into all of the work is lost because it is tossed later on in the year. The article discussed creating blogs for classroom use instead of using so much paper. It is a way to get student work published without wasting so much paper and time and effort is valued. The blogs also create a way to get feedback and interaction among others not just teachers. The blogs can also stay as long as needed. They do not have to be erased or deleted after the school year. They can stay to continue getting feedback. I really never thought about this topic, but it is so true. This type of student work is definitely what I see in our future. This blog was a very interesting read for me.

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea. I'm always amazed at how much paper a school goes through each week. Just think about the money and time saved if you used blogs and online tools instead!

    ReplyDelete