Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing #22

I joined Facebook a few weeks ago because of this workshop. I had intentions on joining earlier, but never got around to it. I have also questioned the privacy of my information being out there for all to see. I did apply all of the settings to be for friends only use, so hopefully that will help. I have had many friends asking me and telling me to get on Facebook all of the time...so I finally did it! So far, I have really enjoyed exploring all of the different features that it has to offer. I have found many friends on Facebook that I haven't seen or talked to in quite a while. I love getting to see pictures of them and their families and getting to chat a bit. Some of my friends have all kinds of added applications on there post. I am not there yet! I have been exploring who is out in the Facebook world and finding all of my friends.
I have come across so many old and new friends, collegues, administrators, and relatives. I can't wait to get my home page all dressed up. I have seen many things to add to facebook to jazz it up, but have not figured out how to do that sort of thing. I can't believe you can even add videos to this stuff. One of my friends posted a video clip of his daughter singing and dancing.
The social networking thing is a lot of fun! I do think even if you don't care about it for yourself, you need to understand it and be able to use it so that everyone is safe. Kids these days really get into this stuff. As a teacher and a parent, I feel that I need to be able to keep up with the times. Adult supervision is always best in any situation.
Students could use this type of networking to help them with homework or any type of project. They could feed off of other students ideas and answers. Sometimes two or more heads are better than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment