Monday, July 6, 2009

Thing #20

Google Doc seems to be pretty neat! I could see how this site could be very handy. I like the way you can create a page, then come back later to add, edit, or finish it. We could use this type of site to create our weekly first grade newsletters or our monthly Thomspon PTA newsletter. We could create the first grade newletters early in the week and tweak them at the end of the week so information in not forgotten. The PTA newsletters are only sent out monthly, so we could do the same for it, just not as quick. I like the way a teacher could give feedback to a student's essay or paper within the googledoc. Since I teach first grade, this would not really work, but if I taught the older students I would give it a try. I thought it could be great for peer editing in the older grades as well.
I created a table for parents to fill out on the first day of school to let me know the way their child gets home from school. I will also create one letting me know the way they will get home for the year since it is usually different after the first day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment