Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing #21

Google has lots of things to offer. I never knew it had so much. I really like the igoogle site. A year ago, I had a page similiar to this on my computer before it crashed. I used it as my wallpaper screen. I really enjoyed it, but have not put it back on. I am so glad that I am getting it back together. This one is a little more personalized than the one I had before. I will probably add a few more gadgets, but for now it is as personalized as it's going to get. I really like how I can get this screen opened and see all of the things that are of interest to me in one spot. I love getting the People Magazine news on a daily basis. I am a huge fan of knowing about real people and their lives.
My link is: http://www.google.com/ig

I also experimented with the google calendar. I was very impressed with this calendar. I put in a few dates to see how it all worked. I think this would be a very useful site for just about anyone. It would keep me very organized with my personal agenda.

Another tool in google that I looked at was google books. This site was a great site because you could search any book for information. It gave you an overview of the book, ratings and reviews, and other editions of the book. I searched Diary of a Wimpy Kid which showed 42 reviews. Many people rated it a 5 star book. The web version of this book has been viewed by 20 million online readers since it was launched on Funbrain.com in 2004. It is now averaging 70,000 daily readers. This site was very informative about books. I will be able to use this site when needing to learn more about new books.

No comments:

Post a Comment