Monday, July 6, 2009

Thing #18

I had a lot of fun doing this activity. I love YouTube. I normally just look for silly things to view to get a little cheap entertainment. I never knew it had so many educational aspects as well. I found that the TeacherTube was very good as well. I like being able to use these clips from YouTube and TeacherTube through my delicious account. Sometimes things on Youtube are not school appropriate so being able to tag them into a different location makes it much safer to view at school as an educational tool. One educational site that I found to put on my blog was a School House Rock clip about interjections. I loved watching these when I was young. Some of the songs have really stuck in my head all of these years. I could use these types of clips to teach all different grammar topics. Another educational site was the Electric Company clib. I use to love letting my students watch this show to help them learn how to be a better reader. I can now still allow them to watch through YouTube. The how to video that I found was how to do a backflip. I chose this video because it physically taught a skill. My daughter is working on her backflip so this was good for her to watch. The video that I chose for fun was the Evian Roller Skating Babies. I saw this video and just loved it. I really like to watch babies do silly things that they normally don't do. These kinds of commercials crack me up!

#1- School House Rock video about interjections.



#2 Electric Company video about word chunking.



#3 How to do a back flip.



#4 Just for fun! I love this skit from Mad TV about orders not being complicated or too crazy!



#5 Just for fun! I loved this commercial about Evian Water. The babies are so hilarious! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

1 comment: